Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Uncle Bob

The very first birthday boy to be posted on my new birthday blog is my Uncle Bob.
I have always liked my Uncle Bob (good thing huh?) :) What is impressive to me is his various abilities...he did and does so many things with such excellence. He plays the piano...AMAZING. He has worked and would work any and every job you could think of, to support his sweet family. He is funny, yes...he can come up with one line jokes so fast, and it's really funny. He is so kind to all and to me. Many years ago when Travis and I went to work for him putting up fliers door to door for his tree removal service he made it fun and paid well. He loves his grandkids, they are very blessed to have a grandpa who loves to spend time with them and enjoy them. In the hardest of times, when my wonderful Grandparents passed away he was absolutely amazing in it all. A great comfort to the family, he took on the roll to protect and take charge yet with humility and love. He loves the Lord and it shows in his actions!
Yep, He has been a great Uncle and still is to this day! I do wish we lived closer and my kids could know him better...but we are just going to have to visit each other.
So, happy birthday Uncle Bob...I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Tami I love your birthday luv blog and it is great that Bob, my brother, your uncle, be your first post "Grin". He is one of kind and a keeper. We love his jokes and mischievous ways but relish his tender side. I love him dearly and appreciate everything he has done and does not only for me, his wife, kids, grandkids and family members unselfishly. He plays the piano so beautifully and never hesitates to share this talent. Happy Birthday Bob...love you so much. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami - You are such a sweetheart for all of your kind words, (probably too kind). Your mom and dad could tell you some stories about how obnoxious I was back when they were dating. But my sisters and I were blessed with the best parents anyone could ask for. I learned from my dad how to work hard and provide for your family no matter what. He didn't teach it, he led by example. And my mom taught us such strong morals and values again by example. I'm the luckiest man alive. I've been married to my sweet, loving wife, Lindsay for 37 years, we have two sons and beautiful daughter-in-laws, two beautiful grandsons and another on the way. We are so blessed. So thank you for all of those nice things you said about me, but it's my family that makes it all possible. I love you Tami-
    Love, Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger - Thank you for your nice comments. Even though I tease my sisters and subject you to my dry humor, as we get older, I realize every day what a great, close family we are. Our generosity comes natural because of the great parents we had that would give to us their unconditional love and never expect anything in return. I can't express enough how happy it makes me that you, Dottie, and Vickie treat Lindsay just like a sister. She just loves the days when you two go out shopping. I love you -
    Your brother, Bob

    ReplyDelete